You may have guests while staying at the UC Washington Center, where we categorize guests into two groups:
- Day Guests: A non-resident you check into the Center between 7:00AM and 1:00AM
- Overnight Guests: A non-resident you check into the Center between 1:00AM and 7:00AM
- Any guest that is checked in as a day guest will become an overnight guest if they are not signed out by 1:00AM.
Please review the following information when planning to have guests. Failure to follow procedure may result in a loss of guest privileges. You may contact CSD Ruben Torres for any questions.
Your apartment must have an approved Apartment Agreement Form on file with Residential Services before Security will allow you to check in guests. Apartment Agreement Forms are due no later than the Monday following Orientation. New Agreement Forms will be required if anyone new moves into your apartment after an original submission.
A. Confirm that you are able to have guests:
- An Apartment Agreement Form must be on file with Residential Life before checking in any guests. If you do not have a form on file, you must submit a signed form to Residential Life at least 48 hours before having a guest.
- Discuss with your apartment mates about your plans so you do not exceed the guest limitations outlined below.
B. You must check in all guests at the Security desk upon their arrival:
- Guests must have valid government issued identification to receive a visitor’s pass – visitor’s passes are required for re-entry into the building.
C. You are responsible for your guests and must accompany them at all times during their stay at the Center:
- Guests may only re-enter the Center when accompanied by their host and must show proof-of-stay with Security.
- Guests may be asked to leave the premises if deemed necessary by a Center staff member.
D. You must check your guests out upon their departure:
- Guests must return visitor’s pass to the Security desk.
- No overnight guests are allowed the first week of each academic term.
- No more than 2 overnight guests are allowed per apartment, per night.
- Residents are prohibited from checking in guests for other residents.
- Overnight guests cannot stay more than 5 cumulative nights within a 21-day period without prior approval.* There is no limitation for how many times someone may be a day guest.
- All guests are prohibited from possessing any Center materials including, but not limited to, apartment keys, UCDC IDs, or access cards (Sonitrol fobs).
- Previous and future residents may not be checked in as guests 15 days prior to and 15 days following their housing contract.
You may request an extension to host a guest for more than 5 nights, and up to 7 nights, by completing the following Guest Extension Form (https://goo.gl/forms/OPDOJhG9Dr7zBy903) at least 5 business days prior to your guest’s arrival. You will be notified by email once it has been reviewed by Residential Services.